Skip to main content

My Hallway

Hallway Design






My Hallway was very dark when we brought this house two years ago there was no natural light. This was because the front door had no glass or window and the walls were dark in colour. I went for pale grey with a blue undertone this makes the grey paint warmer. Having tiles on the floor means it can be a little cold so I did not want a cool tone of grey. I was going to use Farrow and Balls Elephants Breathe but I found this to be very dark. Although other Farrow and Ball colours I love such as Pale Powder.ere also a dark colour. 


The first thing we did was change the door to one which has glass. It is enough to let the light in but still provides us with privacy. 
Then we painted the stairs white as they were a very dark brown instantly this made the room feel more modern and brighter.


The door handles were all gold and looked very dated and did no longer matched the grey on the walls. So we got these iconic door handles which can be found online or in Homebase for around fifiteen pounds a pack of two.






                      I purchased my hallway light from BHS to add a little sparkle and glitz to the room. Then I got the hanging heart and mat from B and M stores. From Homebase I got the coat hanger for guests coats, and the little shabby chic sign from Dunelm. My laters is from The Range and the candle holder on the radiator cover. My show rack was from Homebase and I painted it white and added the butterfly from Hobbycraft.





Comments

  1. This room looks beautiful. Such a good idea to change the door for one with glass in. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

May New Home Buys

This month I have quite a few nice new things for my home here they are! This calendar is perfect for me, being a busy mum I always forget the date. This was only £3,99 from B and M stores and it looks lovely in the kitchen or hallway. I purchased two of these one for my bathroom and one for my hallway. When it is on I think it looks so pretty. And gives some glamour to the room, I also think it would look great on a dining room table if you had two. This small hurricane lamp is for candles from Next I actually use it as a vase. I am not sure if you are meant to so I just put a clear small glass inside to protect it then add my water to the glass and flowers. This was £8.00 This is from The Range for utensils but as you can see I use it for all the clutter next to the sink! Around £2,99

Easter Decorations For The Home

Spring This time of year spring is one of my favourite times of the year, spring is when we know here in England that summertime is getting closer. No more dark nights and cold days but longer lighter days with warmer weather.  My son was also born on the 14th of March this year so I now love this month even more than I did! Having children I now have two boys means that you start to embrace different times of the year like christmas and easter. Well as my eldest son is nearly three I wanted to this year decorate our home. It makes easter more exciting and another nice reason to celebrate. Also they can enjoy the easter egg hunt in the garden with my family. The best place I found for easter decorations for the home was TKMaxx it had an amazing selection where I live. They had done easter so well without looking tacky and they are the type of decorations you can put away and bring out the following year. Bunting is also a lovely addition in the home for spring. When springti