Skip to main content

Easter Decorations For The Home

Spring

This time of year spring is one of my favourite times of the year, spring is when we know here in England that summertime is getting closer. No more dark nights and cold days but longer lighter days with warmer weather.  My son was also born on the 14th of March this year so I now love this month even more than I did!
Having children I now have two boys means that you start to embrace different times of the year like christmas and easter. Well as my eldest son is nearly three I wanted to this year decorate our home. It makes easter more exciting and another nice reason to celebrate. Also they can enjoy the easter egg hunt in the garden with my family.



The best place I found for easter decorations for the home was TKMaxx it had an amazing selection where I live. They had done easter so well without looking tacky and they are the type of decorations you can put away and bring out the following year. Bunting is also a lovely addition in the home for spring.

When springtime comes the first thing I love to do is go to the local store and buy a bunch or two of Daffodils they instantly brighten the home and its one of my favourite flowers. Here in England these are only available when the weather is getting nicer so its like welcoming summertime into your home!

One of my first easter home decorations was this cute rabbit from TKMaxx its going to last a few years. I like that he has extra long legs to hang over a shelf or here over my fireplace. This was £14.99




My second purchase was also from TKMaxx this is a china rabbit again I like that I can pull this out every year and it looks so lovely in the home. This was £5.99. Great value and not too big.




I will be doing a small easter egg hunt in the garden as my son is still quite young so I got a basket made out of material as I find he breaks the wooden ones. And this lovely sign £2.99 from B and M home stores.




Sainsbury's home range was also good for some small items this year. I got these cute eggs with rabbits on and my son and I will be making some bunting together. I really like that they are in pastel shades.


Lastly I went to B and M to get some easter cards to send to friends and family which were a really good price. Plus some bunting, whilst I was there I picked up this springtime edition of Zoflora. If you have not used Zoflora before its a disinfectent for the home which can be used in many ways. I put it down my toilet, sink and in spray this springtime edition smells amazing and was only £1.00.


Even though its easter I do not like to give my son loads of chocolate as he's only almost three, so I allow it in moderation. This means that usually I also give him a gift thats not something he can eat. Last year I got him a cuddly lamb and he still loves it! This year I got this Mickey Mouse from the Disney Store its limited edition for easter with bunny ears. I have to say I think I will love it more than he does! They actually sold out of the Mickey on the UK website but my mum managed to get hold of Mickey inshore here where I live. If you spend £20 in store then you can purchase the Minnie or Mickey for £8.99 and its not something you can get again so its a nice present to keep.


Have a lovely easter everyone! xx











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hallway

Hallway Design My Hallway was very dark when we brought this house two years ago there was no natural light. This was because the front door had no glass or window and the walls were dark in colour. I went for pale grey with a blue undertone this makes the grey paint warmer. Having tiles on the floor means it can be a little cold so I did not want a cool tone of grey. I was going to use Farrow and Balls Elephants Breathe but I found this to be very dark. Although other Farrow and Ball colours I love such as Pale Powder.ere also a dark colour.  The first thing we did was change the door to one which has glass. It is enough to let the light in but still provides us with privacy.  Then we painted the stairs white as they were a very dark brown instantly this made the room feel more modern and brighter. The door handles were all gold and looked very dated and did no longer matched the grey on the walls. So we got these iconic door handles which can be fo

May New Home Buys

This month I have quite a few nice new things for my home here they are! This calendar is perfect for me, being a busy mum I always forget the date. This was only £3,99 from B and M stores and it looks lovely in the kitchen or hallway. I purchased two of these one for my bathroom and one for my hallway. When it is on I think it looks so pretty. And gives some glamour to the room, I also think it would look great on a dining room table if you had two. This small hurricane lamp is for candles from Next I actually use it as a vase. I am not sure if you are meant to so I just put a clear small glass inside to protect it then add my water to the glass and flowers. This was £8.00 This is from The Range for utensils but as you can see I use it for all the clutter next to the sink! Around £2,99